Thursday 4 May 2017

Being Filipina, I eat almost any fish. I am not quite selective with how it is prepared – with bones or without bones. The only thing that I don’t like about it when it is in a soup – but there are fish soup that I like so really, it comes down to taste. But living with my husband who’s an Aussie through and through and maybe a bit spoiled, he will only eat fish prepared without bones. He said that he wants his food hassle free – he doesn’t want to pick. I’m really the complete opposite as I want mine with a bit of bone that I can pick around or with crispy bones. But, each to his own.

As the type of fish, we mainly preferred snapper. It has a mild flavour. But in Easter this year, I decided to re-introduce salmon to my family. Mcj always said that it is an acquired taste as salmon has strong flavours. I like it myself but I can’t serve food that is not liked by everybody at home. This time though, it was a hit. I cooked it very simply, shallow fried – skin crispy. Of course, well seasoned. I have an assistant who does all that.

So now, salmon is one of the fish meals in our weekly menu. I hope we don’t get tired of it. I was told, one slice is more than enough as it is filling. Now, I’m on the hunt for appropriate side dishes (aside from researching for guitar acoustic at guitarcenter.com). I was told, peas are good with it. But what else? Any idea?
*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive