Friday 26 September 2014

We are a white-bread-eater household. I have attempted to convert us into whole-grain or whole-meal but I have been accused of “conspiracy” or “sabotage”, only because I don’t eat as much bread as everyone else. I gave-in ages ago and just buy white bread week in week out. I know we need to have fiber in our diet as much as we can but I compensate it in other food that we eat.
With Woolies move to reduce the price in their homebrand bread to 85c, there are mixed reactions in the news website that I read. Some are happy, some are critical and some just doesn’t care. One of the polies commented that this move will kill the independent grocers. Some said there are no beneficial nutrients in this type of bread. I reckon, if you are serious about your nutrients intake you wouldn’t be seen next to a white bread. If you can afford to be a health buff, you wouldn’t be next to this type of bread at all.

I used to buy this bread but it gets stale in two days. Sometimes, we can’t use up all of it in two days and then off it goes to the ducks or the bin. It’s false economy so I switched into a different brand. So far, I have not paid more than $4 a loaf yet and we are eating soft bread for longer.
*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive