Saturday 12 April 2008

... food. That's my naught reply to Mcj if he asked me that question. :)

Tonight, I cooked adobo (my version), stir-fry veggies (also my version) and rice.


I didn't marinade the chicken at all because I was just able to take them out the freezer around lunch time. I even used the solar energy to thaw them out. I just put them in the pan - add salt, soy sauce, pepper, apple cider vinegar, water, garlic - and cooked it for an hour or more. I add some sugar also.

Mcj said it was very tasty. I'm happy that he liked it. It was all an experiment so don't ask me the measurement of the ingredients.
Did I say, this is stir-fry? Well, my version that is. I wanted to overcook the veggies as Mcj has sore teeth and can't chew tough food, that's why. We don't normally use chicken stock, so I used the broth from the chicken soup in a can. Looks oily? It doesn't taste that. But it's yummy!

I wanted to eat stir-fry veggies just like what we buy from chinese resto and my cooking taste almost like it. :)
I couldn't perfectly cook the rice here even if I use rice-cooker. The rice is just too different from what I used to cook in RP. Oh well, I don't worry about it that much as we don't eat rice too often anyway.

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive