Tuesday 3 February 2009

My little boy is known as a fruit bat. I’ve been trying him on every fruit available in the market. And so far, he likes almost all of them, except mango. He hasn’t tasted it yet, just the smell turns him off. Good because I like mango. More for me then.

His most favourite is rock melon, water melon, sweet grapes, sweet cherries, blue berries, banana and apple. We share the same appetite for fruit. I’m glad.

Talking of cherries, although this fruit taste really nice and in abundance now, it’s not always on our shopping list. Sometimes, they are sour or lack flavour. But, I bought a bag at the market one time and they were really sweet. Jens won’t even share them. I was asked by the seller if I want sweet or (I didn’t hear the other option) as I instantly said, sweet. They were dearer than the supermarket but they sure taste better.

Cherries are great source of potassium and flavonoids. The plant pigment in cherries work with vitamin C to strengthen collagen. Collagen is a fibrous protein in connective tissue. Cherries provide a great source of nutrition for athletes who put a lot of stress and strain on their joints.

I saw in the internet an orchard that is open for cherry picking on November. It’s somewhere in Victoria. I think, going there will be a great experience as it’s really unique. Humm, I wonder if we can experience it. I think, cherry season is much like strawberry – we might not able to see Flowering Cherry now.

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive