Sunday 19 September 2010

I had a change to watch an episode of Home Cooked with Julie and I can say, it was refreshing. I was more interested in it. I seldom watch cooking shows and not really a fan reality cooking show. But I can, she hooked me. She cooked easy meals with little list of ingredients.

Here is one of the dish she demo'ed:

Fish and chips
Serves 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: about 30 minutes
1 kg pontiac or Sebago potatoes
vegetable oil, for deep frying
salt, to taste
1 1/3 cups plain flour
375 ml cold beer
2 tsp salt
8 x 100 g white fish fillets (such as flathead or whiting – ask your fishmonger for boneless fillets)
½ cup plain flour, extra
salt and white pepper
1 quantity tartare sauce
lemon cheeks, to serve

Read more...http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=700549&showcomments=true

I like buying take-aways. My MIL said, I'm the biggest fan. I choose a little bit healthier take aways, if I can say that.

I wish, one day I can find the time to really cook something that I can be proud of (that when we eat we will only need less best vitamins here). But for now, I'll just cook-up any and buy take aways when I have to.

*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive