Monday 18 May 2009

Last night, I was quite busy. We had dinner early and Jens went to sleep right after. I was planning to do some ironing but when I opened the suitcases for our trip to the Philippines, I got caught up with packing. Mcj and I have some disagreement on what luggage to take but I am doing the packing so I will stick to my plan. Hahaha. I just have to make sure that all our clothes plus some presents will fit in them. It’s not that we’re going to Riviera Hotel for the stuff that we need to pack. I have some clothes left in the Philippines and if I’m lucky that they will still fit me, I would be doing less shopping on clothes.

Anyway, it occurred to me to look up some packing list and I found this cool site, http://upl.codeq.info/.

I also found some tips that you might find useful. I did.
1. Security and Keeping Details Safe
Scan your passport, passport photos and paper tickets (if not the e type) in. Store this (in an email for e.g.) in your web based email account.

You can also store the details of your emergency 'lost card' telephone numbers in your web based email account so you know who to contact if your credit card or ATM card is lost or stolen.

This way, even if you lose everything, you have immediate access your all important information. You can even email the details page of your passport to the embassy or consulate when applying for a new one. (Tip from a member)

2. Split up your valuables
Split up your bank cards, cash, travellers' cheques and credit cards as much as possible in different pockets, your bags and wallet when packing. In case you do get robbed, at least you won't be strapped for cash (unless you have all your bags AND your wallet stolen of course!).

3. Nalgene/Small Bottles
Use nalgene/small bottles to pack toiletries and other small items. There are several sturdy and (very nearly) waterproof ones, with clear/see through ones being preferable (easier for security purposes post August 2006). You can also use small bottles to repack shampoo or lotions so that you don't have to always carry a big bottle with you. This is especially useful if you normally take these items in your carry-on luggage, which as of early 2007 is much more restricted than before.

More...

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive