Saturday 26 February 2011

Well, I wasn't doing some more research for gluten-free bread crumbs. I just found how to from about.com.

1. Crumble as many gluten-free bread slices as necessary –- about 3 slices per cup of fresh bread crumbs –- onto a cookie sheet.
2. Toast the crumbs in a 200 F oven for about an hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
3. Let stand in the oven until cool or overnight.
4. If you want very fine crumbs, process them in your food processor or blender.
5. Store leftover crumbs in the freezer.
If you don't have bread on hand: gluten-free corn flakes or nacho chips -- or any gluten-free crackers you have in the house -- can make great bread-crumb substitutes. Either crush them in a plastic bag (for coarse crumbs) or grind them in a food processor or blender (for finer crumbs).

I think the next time we'll have fish, I have to use gluten-free bread crumb for my brother-in-law and the rest will just be normal crumbs.

I'm getting savvy at all these gluten-free food that maybe I can make my own gifts rather than just giving cigars and what-have-you. I've been cooking gluten-free food for months now and so far we are eating like the normal. No special food or special cooking.

*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive