Saturday 12 July 2008

I noticed today that I had my nail polish for at least a month so I decided to change it. Just when I was putting on the first coat on my three toenails, the little boy woke up so I stopped. Imagine my right foot with two nails clear and three with chocolate coat. :)

Very timely, I came across this article about nails.

Alterations in the appearance, shape, and texture of your nails can indicate an underlying health condition. For example:
Thickened nails may be a sign of psoriasis.
Red nail beds may be a symptom of diabetes.
Pale nail beds can indicate anemia.
White nails have been associated with kidney disease.


And here are some tips:

To trim nails, cut straight across with sharp nail scissors or clippers. Slight rounding of the tips is fine, but avoid filing nails into a point, which may cause weakening and make the nails more prone to damage. Soak difficult-to-trim nails in warm salt water for 5 minutes before trimming.

Pay attention to the cuticle -- the seal between the nail and skin. Don’t clip or remove the cuticle, which can leave the nail open to infection. Instead, gently push back the cuticle with an orangewood stick. Do this after showering, when the cuticle is soft.


Read more...

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive