Monday 8 December 2008


I had one big over-riped banana sitting in the fridge for a couple of days. I decided to try baking banana cake. I got a simple recipe from bestrecipes.com.au that I got so enthusiastic about it. I didn't follow it up to the amount of engridients though.

My version:
1 big ripe banana (cavendish)
1/2 cup brown sugar (haven't got caster sugar)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter

Mix the sugar and butter until cream. Add the eggs and milk. Dissolve the baking soda in milk and add to the mixture. Then add the flour in portions. Mix thouroughly.

Pour the mixture in greased tin. Try to sprinkle flour on the tin so the cake won't stick at the bottom. Mine got stuck as I only sprayed the tin with oil.

I cooked mine for 30 minutes in 180 degrees celcius and it is a bit crusty. Try cooking it in less time - say 20 minutes. If more, try it longer.

Mine taste good. Not so sweet - the way I like it. But it needs more banana - Mcj said.

This is a cheap snacks or tea. Nutritious as well and very easy to prepare. I'm sure, I'll make another one soon. Have to buy banana first. :)

For now, have to go back to work - check if our VPN to the office is working and maybe check some small business for sale if I have time later.

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive