Saturday 16 October 2010

BHG


I bought my first BHG mag today. We watched the show last night and there are many enticing treats and food creations, I promised myself to buy a copy.

I found this recipe of beef stroganof in their website. Mcj likes beef stroganof and I have never tried making it. We don't keep cognac at home, that's why.

Ingredients
700g chuck steak, cut into
3cm cubes
2 Tbsp plain flour
3 Tbsp butter
2 white onions, sliced
300g button mushrooms, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper
2 Tbsp cognac
1L chicken stock
300g sour cream
¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
Cooked rice, to serve
Hungarian sweet paprika
Method
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Toss the steak in flour to coat.

2 Put a large frying pan (or flame-proof casserole dish) over a high heat and add the butter. Cook steak for 2 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.

3 Add onion, mushroom and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.

4 Add cognac, chicken stock and sour cream, bring to the boil over a high heat, then transfer to a lidded ovenproof dish and put in the oven. Bake for 2 hours.

5 Fold in parsley and serve on a bed of rice sprinkled with Hungarian sweet paprika.


I haven't leafed a page off the magazine yet, but I reckon, I'll find articles for best weight loss supplement or related articles to shed off the pounds gain after the holidays.
*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive