Sunday 12 February 2012

Up til recently, I have not considered myself as old or aging yet. I still feel the same, emotionally and mentally but physically, I have felt something different in my body but I attribute it to the amount of work I do or should I say my responsibility compared to when I was single. I have not really thought that physically I am aging.

But reading this from bodyandsoul.com.au, makes me hmmmm. My body is getting old.
Joints and back: If you're 30 to 50

What's normal: Occasional neck or back ache on waking; back stiffness after driving for more than two hours; some aching in the legs after walking for 30 minutes to an hour; needing to move around after an hour of sitting on a hard chair.

What's not: Intense pain in one or more joints after carrying shopping; difficulty or discomfort getting into a low car or out of a seat.

"Having any one of these symptoms is a sign your joints or back are suffering early signs of degenerative change," says Tim Allardyce of the British Osteopathic Association. "This may be through injury or a sedentary lifestyle. Poor posture is a contributing factor."

Memory: If you're 30 to 50

What's normal: Forgetting people's names; mislaying keys, phone or wallet.

What's not: Problems negotiating familiar places (such as regularly not being able to find your car in the car park); difficulty recognising faces, colours, shapes and words; finding you've left objects in the wrong place.

Fitness: If you're 30 to 50

What's normal: You are slightly breathless after walking up three flights of stairs.

What's not: Struggling for breath after three flights of stairs or needing to stop to complete it; headaches or dizziness. From middle age, heart muscle shrinks by an average of 0.3 grams per year. This can lead to high blood pressure and increasing breathlessness.


So far, I only feel some back pain when I wake up in the morning and after work - something to do with sitting all day infront of the computer. Nothing yet when bending on undermount stainless sinks. So, I'd say I'm getting there slowly. :)

*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive