Saturday 27 September 2008

Jens was born in winter month. And when I was pregnant I was sort of worried how my new baby will cope with the cold, although it is not that cold in Queensland during winter compared to other states down south. We were prepared for winter - woolly and warm blankets, warmer clothes, etc.

Back then I didn’t know how much clothes I should put onto my baby to keep him warm. I was told that it is always 1 layer more than I have. I applied that rule to Jens but because Jens has a very sweaty head, I eventually dismiss that notion.

In the last weeks of winter this year, he went to sleep in his singlet and nappy. Even then, his head sweat a lot. Take it up from his father. With both of them sweating, I don’t really look forward this summer; washing wise. I’m sure I would be washing our linens and Jens’ baby bedding more often than usual.

Here are some facts on baby sweating ccording to birth.com.au.
Damp and sweaty heads


Newborn babies have a limited ability to regulate their own body temperature. They are unable to shiver and only have mature sweat glands in their head, neck, hands and feet. You may notice that your baby's head becomes quite sweaty at times, particularly when feeding on the breast or bottle. You may also notice this when you pick them up after asleep. The sheet they have been lying on may feel damp (or even quite wet in the warmer months). This is very normal, and may last until your baby is about 2 to 4 years of age (or into adulthood if your family tends to sweat a lot).

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive