Thursday 27 August 2009

I’ve been experiencing pain in the gum on the left side of my mouth. Abscessed tooth maybe. Since my last visit to the dentist, I started having tooth ache and my wisdom tooth.

I asked Mr Wiki, what really abscessed tooth is:

A tooth abscess or root abscess is pus enclosed in the tissues of the jaw bone at the tip of an infected tooth. Usually the abscess originates from a bacterial infection that has accumulated in the soft pulp of the tooth.

Abscesses typically originate from dead pulp tissue, usually caused by untreated tooth decay, cracked teeth or extensive periodontal disease. A failed root canal treatment may also create a similar abscess.

There are three types of dental abscess. A gingival abscess that involves only the gum tissue, without affecting either the tooth or the periodontal ligament. A periapical abscess starts in the dental pulp. A periodontal abscess begins in the supporting bone and tissue structures of the teeth.

My next dental appointment is not after two months – they are fully booked. I rang up earlier to get an early appointment but I was advised to see my GP and ask for antibiotics. If everything won’t get better, I can call the dental clinic again and they’re going to book an emergency appointment for me.

It’s not really painful, just a nagging feeling on my jaw and when I touch it.

What with all this pain, I got cough – just like inhaling Swisher Sweets.

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive