Thursday 18 March 2010

I was inspired by a friend’s post to think of baking a Pavlova. I bought some of the ingredients that I already don’t have at home tonight (it’s our food shopping night). I’m not really into sweets but since I will be making it myself, I can use sugar as much or as little as I want. Plus, based on this recipe I got from bestrecipes.com.au, it’s easy enough to make. Although, I’ve just been thinking about it but hopefully, I can make time to do it this weekend (no plans except maybe checking outwww.wrinkletreatment.org).

PavlovaServes: 10-12
Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutesOur national dessert...crisp meringue outside with a soft marshmallow centre.
Ingredients4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
2 teaspoons cornflour
Method
1. In small electric mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar, lemon juice and sifted cornflour and beat until stiff and glossy (at least 10 minutes).
3. Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Pile meringue onto paper and shape into a large circle, leaving the centre slightly hollowed.
5. Bake in at 130°C for 1½ hours or until crisp on the outside.
6. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
7. Decorate with whipped cream and fruit in season.
Recipe notesA lemon filling, which uses the egg yolks, makes a nice alternative to whipped cream.


*****

0 comments:

Blurb

Life in a home with gluten-free diet, preventing Diabetes 2 and trying to be lactose-free. And a little bit fussy child. It sounds difficult and complicated but not really. It's been roughly ten years on - we have a lot of practice.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

BTemplates.com

Popular Posts

Blog Archive